Pridham's accepts Visa, MasterCard (with a secured credit card form available on Pridham's website) and electronic bank wire transfers of Canadian funds as a method of payment at the Buyer's expense (wire transfer fees depend on your Bank, please inquire, each bank is different).
1. While the auctioneer does its very best not to mislead in the description issued, and the utmost care is taken to ensure the correct cataloging of each item, such descriptions are purely statements of opinion and are not intended to constitute a representation to the prospective purchasers and no warranty of the correctness of such description is made. An opportunity for inspection of each article is offered at our Gallery, or we can issue condition reports and more photos. All lots are sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS" and without any recourse. Any description issued by the auctioneer of an article to be sold is subject to variation to be posted or announced verbally in the auction room prior to the time of sale. It is the responsibility of prospective buyers to inspect or have inspected each lot upon which they wish to bid or request more information, relying upon their own advisers, and to bid accordingly.
2. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right not to accept and not to reject any bid. Without limitation, any bid which is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or which is merely a nominal or fractional advance over the previous bid may not be recognized.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
4. Each lot sold is subject to a buyer's premium of 13% of the successful bid price of each lot.
5. Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Harmonized Sales Tax on the total purchase price including the buyer's premium. For international buyers, taxes are not applicable when purchases are shipped out of Canada. For items shipped out of the province of Ontario, the buyer is required to pay taxes as per the tax status of that province, whether it is HST or GST (Goods and Services Tax).
6. Each lot may be subject to an unpublished reserve which may be changed at any time by agreement between the auctioneer and the consignor. The auctioneer may bid, or direct an employee to bid, on behalf of the consignor as agreed between them. In addition, the auctioneer may accept and submit absentee and telephone bids, to be executed by an employee of the auctioneer, pursuant to the instructions of prospective purchasers not in attendance at the sale.
7. The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer for any lot shall be the buyer and such buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and must comply with such other Conditions of Sale as may be applicable. If any dispute should arise between bidders, the auctioneer shall have the absolute discretion to designate the buyer or, at his option, to withdraw any disputed lot from the sale, or to re-offer it at the same or a subsequent sale. The auctioneer's decision in all cases shall be final.
8. Immediately after the purchase of a lot, the buyer shall pay or undertake to the satisfaction of the auctioneer with respect to payment of the whole purchase price requested by the auctioneer, failing which the auctioneer in his sole discretion may cancel the sale, with or without re-offering the item for sale.
9. The buyer shall pay for all lots within 48 hours from the date of the sale, after which a late charge of 2% per month on the total invoice may be incurred or the auctioneer, in his sole discretion, may cancel the sale. The buyer shall not become the owner of the lot until paid for in full. Items must be removed within 5 days from the date of sale, after which storage charges of $5 per day per lot may be incurred.
10. Each lot purchased, unless the sale is cancelled as above, shall be held by the auctioneer at his premises or at a public warehouse at the sole risk of the buyer until fully paid for and taken away.
12. Payment for purchases must be made by cash, Interac (Canadian clients in person only), wire transfer (buyer pays all applicable fees), Visa or MasterCard.
13. Should the item not be paid for within the time limit stated, the auctioneer, without limitation of the rights of the consignor and the auctioneer against the buyer, may resell any of the articles affected.
14. With Pridham's fantastic post-sale support (Josee), it is the responsibility of the buyer to make all arrangements for insuring, packing and shipping. We would love to offer more opportunities; we are located in the country side, between two major cities with limited services.
If you can't pick up, Pridham's can deliver the unpacked but secured purchases at the buyer's risk in Vaudreuil Quebec. Pridham's will provide UPS with buyer's name, address, email, telephone number and items (not credit card information). The buyer must liaise directly with our UPS representative (Nancy 1-450-319-1008) for insuring, packing and shipping.
Pridham's relies on Nancy to provide the best service; once the purchased items are at UPS, she will email you a shipping proposal (check your Inbox) which can be a starting point for detailing your specific needs. Pridham's believes that business can be done with great respect, please be kind to Nancy. Much obliged!
15. The auctioneer acts solely as agent for the consignor and makes no representation as to any attribute of, title to, or restriction affecting the articles consigned for sale. Without limitation, the buyer understands that any item bought may be affected by the provisions of the Cultural Property Export Act.
15. DISCLAIMER: Ivory (tortoise shell and others) is restricted from export out of Canada due to protection under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species). Pridham's will not provide shipping or CITES application service. The successful buyer has to pick up the item in person in Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada. Shall the buyer decide to take the item across a border after picking up the item, the buyer has to take full responsibility of obtaining proper exporting and importing documents from both countries. EXPORT IS AT THE BUYER'S RISK.